Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy

Honestly I think about love a lot. It's all that matters to me. And love reminds me of Marc because he embodied its meaning perfectly. I think relationships are supposed to symbolize heaven so that when they are not used reverently they mean hell.
So I was just thinking about Marc yesterday when an Oprah Winfrey quote came to mind: "put yourself in the best moment for the next." In May that moment would have been to take a picture together and relish romance and friendship. Today I think it would be to learn how to be happy no matter the circumstances so that when we come back together we've acquired stable auras of unalterable happiness.
In the past Marc and I would switch off roles--one of us would be excited and ecstatic about life and the other would be sober and sad. It was the happy one's job to push the other into happiness. Now I entertain the possibility of two very independently happy people who bring their joy together for a great purpose. Can you imagine the energy? Can you imagine what they could do for the world? They'd be an unbeatable team.
That's what I want for Marc and I. That's what I'm striving to be for us.
Happy.

2 comments:

E. said...

You inspire me, every day.

Ali said...

I love the part about two happy people helping each other to be even happier, because that's like two whole people coming together, instead of two halves coming to complete each other.

You do inspire, jacq.